The symptoms for Rocky mountain spotted fever include the following:
(Image curtesy of Wikipedia unless otherwise specified)
- the insect that bit
- were you bitten by a tick (they can look like the picture shown or be very round after being engorged with blood)?
- did your rash start at the hands/wrists and feet/ankles (later spreading to the trunk)?
- abdominal pain or discomfort
- appetite loss
- abdominal distention
- light sensitivity
- stiff neck
- neck pain or discomfort
- muscle aches
- mass or lump
- pink eye
- shortness of breath
- skin problem or abnormality
- skin redness
- blood colored rash or patches
You don't have to have all of the symptoms above to be diagnosed with Rocky mountain spotted fever.
Take the diagnostic quiz to determine whether you may have this disease.